Corporate Business Services
Starting up a new business? Our Team provides you with the following services:
- Incorporation requirements within Alberta
- Registering your trade name
- Preparing annual returns
- maintaining your minute book
- Partnership Agreements
- Helping you purchase or sell a business
- Lease/Rental Contracts
- Shareholder Agreements
- Joint Ventures
- Service Companies
We would like to collaborate with your accounting firm to provide you the best of advice when dealing with the above matters. We will ensure that there is open communication amongst your team to help you make the very best of decisions.
Whether it is commercial property or residential property – we’re involved.
Our real estate team have 65 years of collective experience dealing in a variety of Real Estate transactions in Canada. These include but are not limited to:
- Industrial Real Estate
- Purchase or Sale in Residential Real Estate
- Purchase or Sale in Commercial Real Estate
- Landlord/Tenant contract arrangements
- Agreements for Sale
Wills and Estates
Your Estate is the total representation of your collective assets during your lifetime. You have spent a lifetime building your Estate; it would be only natural to want to protect it.
Three documents are utilized to do this:
1) Last Will and Testament
If your Will is not up to date, it will limit your input into distribution of your Estate, guardianship of your minor children, and recognition of your final wishes.
2) Personal Directive
The Personal Directive removes the difficult health decisions from your loved ones in case you are unable to voice your own decisions during a health care crisis.
3) Enduring Power of Attorney
The financial document which allows loved ones to care for your Estate while you are unable to attend to them yourself.
Let us help you by:
- Articulating your wishes and moral beliefs within the Will, Power of Attorney and Personal Directive
- Directing the Probate of Estates,
- Personal Directives and
- Powers of Attorney
- How to minimize the work load for your Executor/Executrix
A process for resolving issues with the advice and assistance of lawyers who are trained in this collaborative process. All parties and their lawyers enter into a participation agreement agreeing to resolve their differences through collaboration thereby not going through the litigation process (court). They commit to working together in a non-adversarial, respectful way to find solutions that work for everyone involved.
The process allows the individuals involved to control the outcome versus allowing the courts to make the decisions in their regards. It also allows the specific needs of both parties to be promoted without the underlying threat of contested litigation.
Useful in all kinds of disputes such as:
- Wills and Estates
- Business Disagreements
The non-adversarial intervention between conflicting parties to promote settlement, compromise and understanding. It is an informal, confidential and structured process to resolve disputes before they escalate to heightened hostilities such as litigation. The advantage to mediation is that the control of the outcome remains with the parties, instead of the courts. Meditative Lawyers do not take sides, however create:
- Comfortable environment for the discussion
- Help parties determine what exactly they are disputing
- Ensure discussion stays on track
- Assist the parties in the communication of their priorities and concerns and
- Support the parties in reaching an agreement
A non-adversarial, non-retributive approach to justice that emphasizes healing in victims, meaningful accountability of offenders, and the involvement of citizens in creating healthier, safer communities. All parties are concerned with the following:
- The Facts – what happened and why
- The consequences – the impact or harm done
- The Future – what outcomes or agreement needs to be in place to redress the harm and prevent similar incidents.